Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Red Blemishes On Skin

ANATOMY OF A MOMENT AND FINAL POINT

never never stop learning. They have a few days after they finished the 101 km de Ronda and I have run out of time to express all the appreciation I have for what I learned that day in May of 2011. So hard to face a test from a distance as well as lack of motivation peak and the confidence to throw in moments of weakness. By kilometer 10 or so and I told my brother and fundamental pillar that day, his legs felt very heavy. It was as if he had run the day before and take them grieve, but had all week resting. Indeed something was wrong, and to 45 km pain "unbearable" in the left knee hell I was influenced by negative thinking rather than overt lameness. I hurt the knee and leg, to what I told my co-fatigue, which would leave up Setenil I had to stay the same. Against my will I waited, and continued a few meters away to vent alone. That began to race again for me. When things were going worse and had taken the decision that it would be unwise and end 50 km more, something unspeakable happened to me. I was very strong legs and had retained enough to face what was, but a quirk of my body forced to leave against I will at km 60. Among all this amalgam of thoughts came two girls who would not have more than 7 years in the roadside as if I were listening to me planted a: you can not quit now! Courage! You can not leave!. Those three phrases are nailed me deep and it was the window that allowed me to escape, and decided to run what the pain would let me. Setenil I arrived in company with my brother and went straight to the physio, who ruled out a ligament injury asserting that it would not open beyond pain problems. I could have stayed there, but I decided to go because "he had gone to run the 101 km" and had to be. From those few seconds that a child helped me finish a race, everything was more or less the same as on other occasions, fatigue, laughter, pain, etc.

was the hardest test I've ever done, and more fun thanks to the company. We went together and come together to thrill us. When you cross the finish line of a test that you've given all you feel alone, not knowing where to go. However, in this race we four friends holding hands, and the first thing I looked for was a hug from my brother, THANK YOU. Then we melted into hugs, kisses, and some dared to shed some tears of hope, and all stopped to enjoy mine. Le I won a huge pulse of my body and realized why they say that the mind can overcome the limitations of the body. I did nothing special and I know, just ran, but that day I felt a little fuller.

I want to congratulate those who enjoyed 15 hours and 18 minutes:

Chechu: The brother of the group and serenity personified.
José Carlos: The joy, smiles and surprise.
Yolanda: The tireless enthusiasm.

Carmen: Another show of strength. PD

that the girl who taught me so much, keep doing a lot of people happy. Thanks.

Force and value

0 comments:

Post a Comment